Thursday, October 23, 2008

NaGeMyNoPuMo...


November is nearly upon as - and for many aspiring writers, that's the time for NaNoWriMo - the National Novel Writing Month.

I've been a participant for two years - getting a score the first year (with the Bootleg Boys) and then flunking out last time.

I have to admit, I'm not so sure about it this time around.

For a start, I've written 50,000 words this month on my as-yet-unfinished sexy-spy-extravaganza that contains so much sex and violence and dodgy one-liners that I would never let friends or relatives read it.

I'm not even finished with that one yet, and I'm expected to write another?

But I'm also aware that I need to do something... I've actually written a novel, Bootleg Boys, and have been so scared of rejection that I haven't even sent it off to a publisher - despite the fact that it's a million times better than Adventure Eddy and my one reviewer said he 'loved it' (apart from occasional rampant cheesiness.)

So this month, I'm starting National Getting My Novel Published Month.

I am going to get my manuscript in order and shop it to agents, to see if I can turn my Adventure Eddy dream into a reality.

And in the meantime?

Maybe I'll NaNoWriMo... If I have time... If work, wife, baby and (most importantly) inspiration let me.





Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu.

No comments: