Friday, May 15, 2009

Bibliophile Bookmarks by Erica Henderson!

I am a horrible, horrible person.

I fold over the corners of books while I'm reading them.

This kind of bibliocide is completely outrageous, as any book lover will tell you. There's nothing worse than reading a book and finding the corner missing every hundred pages or so...

Given my ambitious reading schedule (I'm tackling thick, but thrilling The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution, 1763-1789) I felt it necessary to forgo my page folding fixation before a mob of librarians lynched me.

This is the answer I came up with:


These stunning bookmarks were the handiwork of incredibly talented cartoonist, artist, seamstress and blogger Erica Henderson. I've been a fan of her work for ages (see me rave about her here) and I've been in an official state of (entirely platonic) less than three ever since she immortalized dachshund diva Piglet.

Anyway. As soon as I saw Erica advertising these beautiful bookmarks, I knew I had to have 'em. If you feel the same way, you can purchase them from online arts and crafts store Etsy.

Check out Erica's online store here.

In the meantime, take a look at the beautiful artwork on each of these amazing items. The cards themselves are rigid and laminated - perfect for preserving your place even in a weighty tome from Oxford University.




1 comment:

Autumn said...

those are very very cool pictures. i like that. cool bookmarks. i am a book lover and a corner folder. :)