Thursday, November 12, 2009

Militant Ginger's Country Awards

Last night was the Country Music Awards in Nashville, Tennessee.

Again.

(I guess they must be a bi-annual event, as I could have sworn we had coverage of the last CMA only a few months ago!)

It was a great event, with Taylor Swift and former Hootie and the Blowfish lead Darius Rucker both having their talents recognized

(Rucker is only the second African-America country artist to be similarly honored - but in the genre's defense, black country artists aren't exactly common in country music!)

To honor this event, I've complied my own list of country music chart toppers. These are all songs released within the last couple of months and give a great sample of the range and talent that exists in the spectrum of 'country.'

Samples are below. In the immortal words of Steven Tyler: "Just press play."

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Didn't know you were a country fan! Cool! I enjoyed hearing your sample list. :)