Sunday, October 05, 2008

Boo Boo and the Choo Choo

Since Mum was working today, Martin and I headed off to go pumpkin picking - another reminder of why October in America is completely fantastic.

We headed off to Ringoes, a branch of the old Pennsylvania Railroad that ran to the nearby town of Flemington. These days, Ringoes seems like somebody's giant train set - a mish-mash of historic old carriages and clunky old diesels.

We took the train to Pumpkin Junction - and Martin loved his first adventure on the famous old American railroad.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww!!! I loved doing stuff like that! One of my very favorite pictures of my son is at a pumpkin patch when he was 14 months old.

Little Martin looks so much like you! But with his Mama's colored eyes. Our oldest looks like my husband but with my color of eyes (blue) and our middle looks like me with my husband's color of eyes (green).

Incidentally, our nickname for our middle was Boo Boo. We still call her Boo from time to time. Our oldest's nickname was Hica Monster and our son... BEAST. We also had Brat names for them and I used to have a license plate on the minivan we had at the time that said, "Brat Bus." Anyway, they were Bratola, Braticia and Brat Boy.

ooooooh! I wish I could smell him! I've got the baby wants again. It's a horrible recurring condition that I can't seem to get rid of. I just found out on Friday that my cousin is pregnant with TWINS. AND SHE's 40!!! Numbers 5 and 6. WOW! Fortunately, they are very well to do and she has a lot of hired help.

The Maid said...

What a cute boy! I can't believe how big he is already! And those eyes!

Future heartbreaker!

Love that you went and partied with the little guy...even without mom!

Happy Fall Y'all! (Seemed to go with the hat)

Blessings,
The Maid