Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An opening so good...

"After Doctor Ted Maiman demonstrated the world’s first laser back in 1960, it was only a matter of time before somebody figured out an excuse to shoot people in the face with it. The result was LASIK – a form of laser eye surgery used to correct short-sightedness."

I have been writing an article about LASIK surgery and came up with a zinger of an opening line... Unfortunately, the direction my article took meant I had to change it.

But it was so good, I'm printing it here so you can all see what a funny and talented writer I am [Or pompous git - Editorial Bear.]

2 comments:

April said...

Oh that was good. What would you have done before the days of blogs? Now at least it's not a wasted opening.

And we already know you are funny and talented. Why else would be here? (Aaahhh! I am so sweet today! Enjoy it, it doesn't usually last that long.)

The Chemist said...

"Unfortunately, the direction my article took meant I had to change it."

You mean you tried writing the rest of it sober? 'Tis a cryin' shame.