Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The real Climate (Control) Crisis...


In the winter, the house is 62 degrees, so the average American whomps up the heat to a balmy 80 degrees.

During the summer, the house is a balmy 80 degrees, so the average American cranks up the air conditioning and chills it down to a wintry 62 degrees.

It seems whatever the natural temperature, it's the human condition to be unsatisfied with it.

I am aiming to wean myself off air conditioning. On my drive to work today, traffic was at a standstill for an hour and a half. To make matters worse, my car was overheating - so to ease the radiator's burden, I was forced to crank on the heating.

Stuck on 100 degree asphalt, with my car's heater on scorching full blast...

When we finally got moving again, I opened the windows and basked blissfully in the breeze. Who needs air conditioning when the alternative is baking like a canned ham?

No comments: