Saturday, July 07, 2007

Three Weeks Without Sitting

It's hard to believe, but since we moved into our new house, we've been without chairs. Yesterday, we finally corrected that problem with some lovely new furniture. I assembled it last night and felt very manly and capable as a result.

We have a lovely redwood dining table and chairs. And a futon/sofa. (Jewish Accountant pictured Sold Separately.)
.

The secret to buying anything in America is to wait until it's on sale or in clearance. It's also important to remember that you can take things back and get a refund pretty much regardless of the condition of the product. If you take your table home, set alight to it and then run over it with a Ford F-250 pick-up truck, K-Mart will generally still accept it back.

Fortunately, I didn't set fire to anything as I was putting it together. We did find one of the parts of the futon had been broken, so a nice man at the shop handed us a screwdriver and let me take the display model to pieces and take the bits I needed. Even better, I didn't need to put it back together again afterwards. It was the BEST GAME EVER!

No comments: