Monday, June 26, 2006

The ONLY song for England

As I've already mentioned, I'm really NOT a football fan. In this era of World Cup lunacy, though, it's hard not to get exposed to it. Kick FM, where I work, is running about three different promotions about the World Cup and it's front page news on every paper.

And with the World Cup come the World Cup anthems.

The more retarded, quirky, xenophobic the better. Did you hear about the funky new version of "Jeruselum?"

Working in Radio, you hear them all... Some truly terribly World Cup anthems... Some good ones...

I have one or two I really like, actually. My bet for the current season has to be Koopas "Stand Up for England." At the moment, Kick FM's put "Three Lions '98" on the playlist.

However, as far as I'm concerned, there's only one song that shouts "England."

From the Soundtrack to the Italian Job - The Self Preservation Society (Original England Edit)

No comments: