Monday, June 22, 2009

Television's Most Fantastic Females

I've never been much of one for the celebrity crush - and when somebody asked me which television stars I fancied the other week, I pretty much drew a blank.

If I'm entirely honest, I've never been much of one for 'just a pretty face.' In answering the question - and searching for the cutest characters on Direct TV at the moment - I found my choices swayed more by a leading lady's onscreen personality than their physical appeal.

If I was going to pick three of TV's most adorable actresses, they'd have to be the following:

Anne Dudek plays the eponymous 'Cutthroat Bitch' on Fox's brilliant medical drama House. Despite dying at the end of the previous season, 'Bitch' is back as the hallucinatory embodiment of House's Vicodin-riddled subconscious - a snide, sarcastic and sizzlingly sexy foil to the brilliant Hugh Laurie.

Dudek's appeal lies in living up to her 'Cutthroat Bitch' nickname. She's brilliant and capable, which are attractive enough qualities all by themselves. However, she matches them with almost criminal cunning - willing to step over whomever it takes to meet her objectives.

This cold, calculating streak makes her attractive because she's dangerous and challenging. Challenging women (and God knows I've fallen foul of this) are most men's krypotine. They should come with warning labels.

House is off the air for the summer, but fingers are crossed that when the show comes back to Direct T V this Autumn, it'll include plenty of House-hallucinations featuring the oh-so-lovely Cutthroat Bitch.

Next on my list is the star of the ill-fated remake of Knight Rider.

Smith Cho played Zoe Chae, the brilliant technowhiz who helped support KITT and Michael Knight as they whizzed around America writing wrongs and fighting crime.

What made her sexy was her sass. Smith Cho played Zoe as a teasing, tormenting tyke who kept every single one of her male cast-members in a constant state of unconsummated sexual arousal. She was free-spirited, brilliant and mischievous - by far and away the best thing in the canceled series.

But don't panic: While Smith Cho doesn't have a return to DirectTV planned any time soon, you'll be able to see her in Broken Lizard's 'The Slammin' Salmon' when it's released later this year.

She's also got a role in cheerleader comedy 'Fired Up,' but whether or not it's worth the rental price simply to see her is debatable.

The final entry on my eligible actress list is Stephanie March, who played Assistant district Attorney Alexandra Cabot on Law & Order.

March's character represents everything I find attractive - she's smart, focused, brilliant and ruthless. Her character was written out of Law & Order when she risked assassination to convict a Colombian drug baron - but Alex Cabot is going to be back next season as A.D.A. in Law & Order: SVU.

I admit, my trio of terrific totty does seem to have an unhappy bias towards tall, frosty blonds - but I still argue that it's personality that attracts me to these actresses, not their looks.

That's why I simply don't buy into the traditional Hollywood hotties. Megan Fox, who's pretty much the hottest commodity in California right now, leaves me absolutely cold compared to these leading ladies.

1 comment:

Sarah M. Arnold said...

Just because I'm not on TV doesn't mean I'm not eligible for this list. FYI. ;)