Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quick Post

I'm sorry about the lack of posts recently. Oh, such a lot going on; and yet nothing going on at all. Like I occasionally do, I've reached a momentary empasse in my life and while I'm negotiating it, I haven't had the motivation to be the prodigious blogger that I normally am.

Life toddles on, though. That much always seems to be the case. I find that inevitability both more and less difficult as I've grown older.

Having Baby Boo was an epiphany. When you're feeling blue and worthless, there's nothing quite the same as having a little face look up at you and break into a smile - or a pair of chubby little arms wrap around your neck as you pick him up.

Having a Baby Boozer is terrifying because it inspires you to be better. But it's also blissful, because whatever happens, you can just hug him and retreat into that moment like the calm in the centre of a storm.

I think Baby Booshakalaka came about at exactly the right moment in my life and gave me exactly what I was looking for when I needed it the most.

Now I just have to live up to that. Which is terrifying in itself.

Also, he sticks his tongue out a lot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post, full of love and gratitude for your gorgeous son.