Sunday, May 06, 2007

Last Lampeter

This weekend, Gavin and I made a final pilgramage to where we'd spent three very long years at college - St. David's University, Lampeter.

It was very weird to be back. The place had hardly changed - and nor had the students. That being said, Gavin pointed out that there seemed a lot more ginger people on campus than there were in our day. Perhaps my influence had rubbed off on the place.

Fellow ginger classmate Emma was there, with Jodi. So we spent the Saturday doing what it is people in Lampeter do. Which turns out to be drink. There's not one hell of a lot else to do in a sleepy little Welsh farming town.

As we left on Sunday morning, I realised this would probably be the last time I'd ever go back to Lampeter. Over a decade has passed since I first turned up there in my rusty TR7. Back in those days, that sleepy little town was my world. My horizons have got a lot bigger since then.

Goodbye, Lampeter. Thanks for the memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit. The third term is always the best, though unusually the most tight (money wise). I'm bogged down with essays at the moment :( I'm just finishing one at the moment about Corpus Christi, then it's on to Orthodox theology...

Anonymous said...

Nice photos btw