Saturday, January 27, 2007

Brrrrr. Vive la log fire...

Well, if it wasn't winter back home in Winchester, it certainly is out here in France.

Actually, it's not that cold. About 3 degrees. But there are three inches of snow in the Deux Sevres and my parent's lovely house, which looks so wonderful in summer, was transformed into a winter wonderland.

This isn't so great for the four legged inhabitants of Le Cliperton Trailles, who complain about the cold and definitely don't like being forced outside!

I can sympathise. For the sausage dogs, their tummies are AWFULLY close to the ground. Here is my mother's gang, standing outside the door looking a little ticked off. "My paws are cold!"


Here's Katy, the Grande Dame of my mother's dogs, looking up crossly as I stood by the door. "Let me in! My undercarriage is getting frostbite!"

No comments: